The Preservation of Extraction Sockets and Use of Biological Materials in Combination of Bone Grafting: 2-Day Surgical Extraction Course
Place: New York City, USA
Faculty: Dr. Hector L. Sarmiento, DMD, MSc (USA), Dr. Danielle Cardaropoli, DDS (Italy)
OBJECTIVE: To train the dental clinicians to perform surgical extraction procedures focusing on management of socket preservation using biologic materials in mixture with bone grafting..
- Review of the scientific background of atraumatic extractions including biological aspects, biochemical, and engineering aspects and the step-by-step process of current procedures
- Presentation of patient selection criteria
- Detailed presentation of clinical surgical procedures
- Presentation of Bone remodeling
- Presentation of instrumentation needed for atraumatic extractions
- Presentation of biologic materials including PDGF, PRF, Emdogain and BMP’s
- Presentation of soft tissue manipulation
- Edited videotapes made from live surgery. The technical details in connection with surgery are explained and include treatment alternatives, Participants have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss clinical problems.
- An extensive HANDS-ON of bone manipulation and biologics in typodont setting.
- Preoperative technique, follow-up radiographical technique and the computerized patient control system are discussed.
- Discussion of possible complications and how to handle them
- Presentation of long term clinical studies
- Presentation of current and ongoing biological research
After course knowledge: Advanced expert in site development.
Upon completion student will be awarded a certificate of completion by the Institute for Advanced Dental Studies.
Course Tuition: $2,999